Minced meat Pasticcio
Products for 6 portions
• 350 g pasta (shells),
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 500 g Tandem minced meat threads,
• 1 head of onion, chopped,
• 2 cloves of garlic cut into slices,
• 500 g ground tomatoes,
• 2 tbsp. flour,
• 2 tbsp. butter,
• 2 tsp. cold milk,
• 150 g grated yellow cheese,
• oregano, salt and pepper.
1. Boil the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Drain and transfer to a deep baking dish. Heat the olive oil in a deep frying pan and fry the onions and the garlic while being careful not to brown them.
2. Add the minced meat and stir vigorously to crush it into crumbs until it changes colour. Season with oregano, salt and pepper.
3. Add the tomato sauce and remove from the heat. In another pan, heat the butter until it melts. Add the flour and stir until slightly golden.
4. Pour the milk in small portions while stirring vigorously after each topping-up until the milk is completely absorbed by the flour and the mix becomes uniform and smooth. When the sauce starts boiling, season with salt and pepper. Mix the minced meat with the pasta in the baking dish and pour the cooked sauce on top.
5. Sprinkle with grated yellow cheese and bake for about 20 minutes in a preheated oven. The dish can also be prepared in individual baking dishes.