Roast pumpkin with smoked pork fillet and cheddar
Products for 4 portions
• 4 small pumpkins (about 700 g), pre-cleaned of seeds
• 800 g Tandem smoked pork fillet, sliced
• 125 g butter
• 5 stalks of leeks cut into thin slices
• 150 ml white wine
• 1 tsp. fresh, grated nutmeg
• 400 ml cooking cream
• 400 g cheddar (grated)
1. Heat the oven to 190°C.
2. Place the cleaned pumpkins in a large tray.
3. Melt the butter in a pan. Add leeks and fry over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring until soft. Set aside a small portion of the leeks to garnish the pumpkins at the end.
Raise the heat of the stove, add the white wine and let it boil for a few minutes. Then, add the smoked fillet, grated nutmeg, liquid cream and cheese. After a minute, remove from heat.
4. Then, fill the pumpkins with the cooked mix.
5. Then, place the pumpkins in a large tray with a little water on the bottom and bake
in the oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
6. Sprinkle the roasted pumpkins with the leek slices.