Roasted figs with blue cheese and honeybaked ham
Products for 4 portions
• 8 ripe black figs
• 8 thin slices of Tandem Honeybaked ham
• 150 g soft blue cheese and Brie cheese
• 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
• fresh mint leaves for garnishing
• olive oil for greasing
1. Heat the oven to 190°C.
2. Cut the figs from top to bottom almost in half, but at the bottom, they should remain whole.
3. Cut the two types of cheese into 8 pieces and then place them between the fig halves. Arrange the slices of ham on a board and place a stuffed fig on each slice. Wrap the ends of the ham around the fruit, leaving the top of the fig exposed.
Arrange in a baking tray.
4. Smear some olive oil on each fig and sprinkle a few drops of vinegar on top.
Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until the ham turns crispy and the cheese has melted.
5. Before serving, pour the sauce from the pan on top of the figs. Sprinkle with pepper and garnish with mint leaves.