Sushenitsa with peas and cherry tomatoes
Products for 4 portions
For fans of the Traditions of Generations product series, we offer a Bulgarian recipe where we replaced the meat with delicious sushenitsa, and it “transformed” into a unique and beautiful dish that can be served to your guests.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
• 300 g Dryanovska sushenitsa
• 400 g peas (canned)
• 1 carrot
• 1 onion
• 3 cloves of garlic
• 5-6 pcs. of cherry tomatoes
• 2 tbsp. cooking oil
• ½ rope of dill
• ½ rope of parsley
Method of preparation:
1. In the cooking oil, stew the carrots cut into wheels with the onions and some water until soft.
2. Add the sliced sushenitsa and fry for 5-6 minutes, then add the cherry tomatoes cut in half, the garlic and peas.
3. Let it simmer for 20-25 minutes.
4. Add the dill and parsley and serve while warm.
You can serve and garnish with a yoghurt and dill sauce.